Effective November 1, 2015
The practices and policies contained in this Policy are subject to change at any time without prior notice. If we decide to change our policies, we will post those changes on this website, serenasez.com. Information collected before changes are made will be secured according to the Policy in place at the time such information is collected notwithstanding future changes to this Policy. The practices and policies in this Policy replace all previous notices or statements with respect to the same subject matter. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website, serenasez.com, prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Web Form Information
When you submit information to make a payment or join our website, serenasez.com, as a member or consume the material we provide on the website or on the online courses, we may collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, address, email address, and credit card number.
Persons Under 18
Like most standard website servers, we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Web Site Usage Information
We automatically collect IP addresses and website usage information from you when you access any of our online services. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and subscribers use and navigate our Websites on an aggregate basis, including but not limited to, the number and frequency of visitors and subscribers to each web page and the length of their visits.
How We Use Information Collected
Our goal is to provide products that best meet your needs; therefore, we evaluate your personal interactions with us in an effort to bring you the products which best suit your interests and preferences. In addition, we use your information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze site usage, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize serenasez.com site content, layout, and services.
We may use your information to deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banners, new products, services, and promotions. At times, we may ask you to provide us voluntarily with additional information regarding your personal or business interests, experience, or requests, which we may use to customize our products and services for you.
If you place a request for products or services on our website, we use your personal information to ship your order; if the products or services are from a retail partner, we may provide your relevant information to that retailer for purposes of the transaction. If you establish a credit account with us or our providers, we collect additional information, including billing information, credit card number, and expiration date, and tracking information from checks or money orders.
Additionally we may use information in the following (including but not limited to) ways:
- To perform the actions for which you specifically provided the information.
- To register you as a client and establish an account for you.
- To send you email notifications about our new or existing products and services, special offers, or to otherwise contact you.
- To provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you and others see based on your personal characteristics, interests or preferences.
- We may automatically gather general statistical information about our website and visitors, such as IP addresses, browsers, pages viewed, number of visitors, goods and services purchased, transactions completed, etc. To do this, we use action tags and cookies provided by our site analytics and marketing partners.
- We may ask you for personally-identifying information in connection with a promotion or survey. Any email you receive from us, or third parties authorized by you to send email, will contain additional opt-out or unsubscribe options in the email with instructions on how to unsubscribe from receiving future emails.
- We may also use or disclose information to resolve disputes or investigate problems. We may disclose or access information whenever we believe in good faith that the law so requires or if we otherwise consider it necessary to do so to maintain service and improve our products and services.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We define a cookie as any string of data that is automatically stored on your computer upon access to our online services. We employ cookies to assign temporary identification numbers to machines that access our web servers. This information enables us to deliver faster service to our subscribers, prevent denial of service attacks on our systems, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions, and assist with awarding proper sales credit to our partners. All our cookies are:
- of limited duration,
- less than 5KB in length,
- only visible to our web servers, and
- are devoid of any personally identifiable information.
We use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports from third party companies, based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Why do we use these technologies? We use them for our website to function correctly and securely. We also use these technologies to:
- Remember page to page information essential for completing forms
- Remember cookie settings
- Protect your personal information
We also use these technologies to improve your browsing experience. To this end, we will:
- Retain preference settings and geographic information
- Make sure the website looks consistent
- Capture website usage to further improve your experience, and capture your interest and preferences
- Social media advertising or behavioral advertising to enable selected advertising relevant to your interests
- Allow you to share our pages and information with social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
Do Not Track Requests
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. We retain personally identifiable information only as long as necessary to complete a purchase, thwart fraud, provide customer service, or maintain your account with us.
We are committed to preventing others from unauthorized access to the personal information you provide to us, and we maintain commercially reasonable procedures and technology designed for this purpose. The website, serenasez.com, has reasonable technical and organizational security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information, such as credit card number, that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry, 128-bit SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just “surfing.”
Comments and Questions